Monday, June 18, 2007

The Last Andean City-in-a-Bowl

I have to say that Bogotá was a lot like Santiago, and thus, a decidedly lackluster tourist destination. Sorry. I'm sure it would be a great place to live, as was Santiago. But in terms of sights and general spectacularness, not so much. Of course, it had some tough acts to follow (see below), so maybe I was a bit biased. But the best part of Colombia is the Colombians. And in cities, Colombians become guarded and a bit rude. And they jack up the prices on the places they go and eat.

It did have several cool attractions though, including the madness that was the restuarant Andrés Carne de Res, and the Gold Museum, with amazing artifacts on display. Pictures to come.

And even though I didn't go to Medellín, I did go to the Museum of Fernando Botero's paintings. I will post some up soon.

I am now in Cartagena, and I will write more soon, but right now the stifling heat is killing my ability to do anything other than sit in a hammock and drink beer.

So, chau. I have a Club Colombia calling my name.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hola Carl:
Tantos días que no ten escribía. Sorry, pero he estado lleno de pega!!!!!
Las fotos están maravillosas y tu blog, definitivamente excelente. Te mando un fuerte abrazo y gracias por la Pos... me llegó hace unos días. Que increible !!!30 días despues.
Siga pasandolo bien amigo mio...
Luis